A key strength of the Show Racism the Red Card campaign is the support from sporting clubs and we are constantly looking to increase and strengthen our partnerships with clubs throughout the UK.
Download our booklet Get Involved: A Guide for Clubs
Some examples of ways in which clubs can engage with the campaign are:
- Producing a team poster with the campaign
- Working with the campaign to organise high profile anti-racist events at the club
- Using Show Racism the Red Card’s resources in the study support centre and Football in the Community schemes
- Helping to promote the national Show Racism the Red Card Anti-Racist School Competition
- Working with the campaign to set up a programme of anti-racist education
- Hosting an Anti Racism stance of Action during the FOA
SRtRC holds events at professional clubs in England, Scotland and Wales with local school children who have the opportunity to ask questions on racism in football and society to professional football players at their stadium.
To view a video of one of our event's in England at Newcastle FC click HERE
To view a video of one of our event's in Wales at Cardiff City FC click HERE
FORTNIGHT OF ACTION
Clubs in Scotland and Wales can engage with the Show Racism the Red Card fortnight of anti-racist action in October which includes fan actions and the holding up of red cards by players around the centre circle prior to kick off.
For more information about the FOA click HERE
In Wales Junior clubs can be involved in our Week of Action, visit the Fortnight of Action page for more details HERE
Benefits for clubs becoming involved with SRtRC include an opportunity to:
- Demonstrate the club's anti–racism stance.
- Establish / strengthen links with schools and local junior league clubs.
- Expand image and support in the local community.
- Establish / strengthen links with the local council / councillors.
- Work with SRTRC resources and educational staff gaining a clearer idea of the issues.
- Reach out to all areas of the multicultural community.
- Highlight the club's involvement through positive press coverage
For more information on becoming a partnership club please Download our guide for clubs and contact our regional offices:
Tel:0191 257 8519
Tel: 02920 351616
Tel: 0141 222 2058